03 January 2006

2006 off to a wonderful start

So I found out this morning that a guy I used to work with at DePaul died on Dec. 30th. He was such a nice guy, and not at all old (40s, maybe 50). Thin as a rail and healthy by all appearances.

Somehow I feel this is gonna be a difficult year. Not sure what gives me that idea - it's lots of things really. I hope I'm wrong.

I fell on my ass down our back stairs last night on my way to let Annie outside. Thankfully my big fat ass broke the fall. Our landlord is definitely going to have to replace those stairs - the wood isn't properly treated and they're of a bizzarre height.

There's miners trapped in West Virginia and an ice rink collapsed in Germany... not boding well at all...

3 comments:

CyberKitten said...

Looking at it another way.... Things can only get better........

The Zombieslayer said...

I'll second what Cyberkitten said. Plus, good thing you have an ass. If that had been me (I have no ass), I'd be in the hospital with a broken tailbone. :p

greatwhitebear said...

Cyberkitten can say that cause she lives in England, and Tony will likely be replaced within the year. However, as long as we have Bush and company running roughshod over our civil rights, the year can only get longer, and worse!!