I've just been "blah" lately. I do get to work from home today, which is always nice. John's out of town in Dublin (California thank gods - if it were the real Dublin, I'd cry). Funny thing, our friend Donna had to go to San Francisco for a work convention this week, and they ended up on the same flight. How funny is that?
So yesterday was MLK day right? I never used to get that day off work (or school in college) since the college I went to and later worked at had a long break from Thanksgiving until the week after New Years - so they couldn't afford another vacation day from classes the second week. Anyway, I forgot that my current school does close on MLK day and I went to work yesterday. I even stopped to wonder why the 7-11 didn't have as many pots of coffee brewing. I got all the way to the Wabash entrance until I realized what a dumbass I was. I COULD have gone in to work, since I had stuff I had to do anyway. But given that it's 55 degrees in my office when I get in on Mondays anyway, and given that they probably didn't turn the heat back up on a vacation day - I just got back on the el and went back home.
I have become addicted to Sudoku. I resisted as long as I could, but I can't stop now. It's taking time away from my knitting. I actually had a dream where I was on a giant Sudoku board and had to push the numbers into place.
That's all for now. I have avoided news for the last few days. I'm in enough of a funk already - I don't need to see what our Idiot in Chief did this weekend.
17 January 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I got the day off too (working for a State school has its perks) but came in anyway because I needed the hours. I am going to be in and out for the next couple of weeks as I collect data for my dissertation. My supervisor has me put down that I work 20 hours each week, regardless of how many hours I actually work, with the assumption that some weeks I will work more and others I will work less, but that it will even out in the end. However I keep track of my hours to make sure that I don't short them.
I've been feeling blah on and off lately too- although that has turned into ambivalent in the past few days.
I have been resisting the sudoku urge since our local paper started carrying it. I KNOW that I will be addicted if I start.
I avoid the news completely now. Not even NPR. I feel much better for it. Ignorance is bliss... someone hand me a Xanex.
That's so funny about the news -- I've avoided the paper since New Year's. One of my "resolutions" -- not to get caught up in crappy things that happen to good people stories. And what passes as news some days.
And I am also a Sudoku addict -- play on! :) Great dream!
Uuuuuurrrrrgh!
I worked on MLK day. WTF? Stupid company.
Hmm, I got MLK day off of work, but at what cost? Now I have the same amount of work to complete, but in four days. Oh well, I'm in a complaining mood lately, so I'm sure I'd find fault with having to work the holiday, as well.
Post a Comment