12 December 2005

Home Invasion & Austin Powers Undies

I've been busy the past few days, so sorry to all y'all I didn't respond to. Hopefully after my final class project is done I'll have more free time. Until then... story time.

So our friend SecretRudy and his boyfriend took a trip to London & Paris last week and asked John to check the mail and water the plants. One Saturday we were in the grocery store and I went to the gift wrap and card aisle to get something. That's when John saw it. A Care Bear's balloon.

John: "They love the Care Bears, we should get a bunch of balloons and put them in SecretRudy's house".
Me: "Um, Ok"

So John picks out 4 ballons, including one that said "It's a Boy" and sings "Babyface" when you touch the right spot. We also get a care-bears note card. We laugh out the door.

As we were outside, we saw through the window the Veggie Tales Tomato balloon and we both go OOOOH. We walk home, talking about how it would be nice to have a blank mylar balloon you can write your own message on. John immediately heads back to the store for the tomato.



I open the door and see John grinning like the little deviant he is. He got the Tomato. He also asked if they had "make your own" balloons. We were in luck - they just got them in. You buy packs of letters and you make the balloon yourself. The woman at the counter was looking at him like he was from Mars as he made a pink Mylar balloon that said "I'm sorry I gave your mom crabs".



He proceeds to the checkout:

Some Lady behind John: "Do you know your balloon says 'I'm sorry I gave your mom crabs"?
John: [shocked] "What? No!?... I better get two more!"
Lady: [not ammused].

So we head over to SecretRudy's, carrying the pack of random balloons down Western Avenue. We get inside and we decided that instead of just leaving them as a pack, we should put them in random places in the house. So we separate the packs and put the "It's a Boy" under the covers of his bed so that when the covers are lifted it rises up and jolts to a stop - triggering "Baby Face".

The tomato went in the stairway to downstairs and the crabs went in the bathroom. The others couldn't be separated so they stayed together.

We left him a note on the care bears notecard, from Jesus, saying there wer 17 balloons hidden all over his house, picturing him running around searching for all of them.

Moral of the story: Don't ask John to water your plants.

Upon his return, SecretRudy bestowed the gift of Austin Powers underwear on us - Union Jack boxers and matching panties. Unfortunately the boxers shrank, so they're both mine now. Oh well.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

that is BRILLIANT!

John, can you house-sit for us???

tshsmom said...

That's it! I'm now positive that John and I MUST be related. Sick genes like that are NOT random. Bravo John; masterful work!!
I've got a friend that let her brother water their plants while they were on their honeymoon. The real plants died and the fake plants mildewed because he watered the wrong plants.

The Zombieslayer said...

John - If you are reading this, feel free to water my plants any time. That was brilliant!

Laura said...

It was inspired. We were laughing the whole time we were setting up the balloons.

Jasenlee said...

As the recipient of such a brilliant surprise I have to say it really perfect way to return home after such a trip. Thanks guys!

We landed a bit earlier than I thought (I can never remember plane times) so John & Laura came back to find me jet lagged and snoozing and half naked (were those sheets pulled up?) after yes... searching for all 17 balloons.

BTW, I’m coming back early from NYC so let’s try and make our regular dinner night if you guys are still open.

And always remember this... "money for nothing - chicks for free"

And remember this too - "You want a toe? I can get you a toe, believe me. There are ways, Dude. You don't wanna know about it, believe me."

Sorry for all the inside jokes.