09 December 2005

Need more data

Cillic wants to know why women hate Juliette Lewis... he needs more data. Go, now! It's for the good of scientific progress ;) Go leave him a comment on what you think. Save comments for this post for my question below...

Oh and BTW - if you haven't heard it dumped snow on Chicago last night. (I love snow, I hate shoveling it, but I like playing in it, and I don't like when planes crash because of it).

So I say to someone yesterday when we saw it was snowing "at least we know it's warmed up a bit [from the 12 degrees we'd had the days before] and they looked at me like I was from mars. I am still amazed when I find people that simply don't believe me that if the air is too cold, it will not snow. They basically said I didn't know what I was talking about. I could have been rude and said it's basic high-school chemistry, but I just nodded and walked away. So my question is WTF? Why don't people get that?

9 comments:

Shawn said...

Hmmm...why are people stupid? I believe you just asked the unanswerable question...

tshsmom said...

They're not TRUE northerners! There are only 2 types of weather in the winter, cold OR snow.

Linda Jones Malonson said...

It's the Bush Syndrome ... what we don't know we are too afraid to ask, because someone might find out that we are not stupid, we are just ignorant.

Oh well .. such is life.

S.M. Elliott said...

I don't hate Juliette Lewis, I just could never in a million years be persuaded to like her, that's all. I've seen egg salad with more personality.

tshsmom said...

READ the instructions, SME! You're supposed to say THAT on cillic's blog. KIDS! *rolling eyes*

The Zombieslayer said...

Me - Do you hate Juliette Lewis?

Mrs. Z - Who's she?

All right. No data from the Zombieslayer family for you. :(

tshsmom said...

Don't laugh at your wife ZS. I had to look her up. Sure I've seen her; I just didn't know her name. ;)

Anonymous said...

I hate to have to correct my very intelligent daughter, (sincerely) but, on Earth at least, it can never be too cold to snow. If water vapor reaches the saturation level, it will snow no matter how cold. Snow has been observed in Antarctica when temeratures were reading -68 degrees below zero!

Laura said...

True, true - Dad. But when it snows more (like last week) it is warmer, even if by a few degrees. ;)