15 December 2005

Ultimate Geeky

Ok, so I have two questions:

How big of a geek do you have to be to get fan-email for the code you write?

and

How big of a geek do you have to be to send fan-email to a programmer?

Seriously, John got fan mail this week. It was REALLY funny. I mean, it's cool because obviously people like the work he does, but equating his code to something archeologists would one day excavate is pushing it I think. He was at a Geekfest one time and was helping a guy with an issue. This guy was the biggest nerd he'd ever seen in his life. This guy actually said "I can't believe John is coding on MY box!!!"

So apparently in the Nerd Underworld, my husband is a hero. I don't know how I feel about that... :P

11 comments:

Jewish Atheist said...

That's awesome. :)

What does he code?

Jasenlee said...

John is the best coder I've ever seen in my life and I'm not just pumping sunshine up his skirt because he gives me rims jobs when you aren't home. No seriously he is really very good. You should be very proud.

Jasenlee said...

BTW, I hate noticing all the freaking grammar/spelling errors I make immediately after I push the post button. I'm not that dumb... really.

Best retards,

SR

Anonymous said...

I write commercial software that's relatively well known, so I'd just like to keep it at that.

The code in question was using AJAX to integrate a website to the product.

and the quote from the biggest nerd was "I can't believe THE John LASTNAME is coding on MY system!!"

Jewish Atheist said...

Pretty cool, John. So any tips on how to become a coder that gets fanmail? :)

dbackdad said...

My best friend Eric has probably done both. He works for Sage (they make Act). Eric, if you read this, you know it's true. :-)

Anonymous said...

JA - work hard, don't do drugs.

dbd - all i can say is its a small world, but I hope he works on something other than ACT!, as its terrible. SageCRM or AccPac are good tho!

Jasenlee said...

Don't listen to John JA. Just look to the left and you'll see Georgie boy flipping ya the bird. He did all that coke, booze and what have you and look what it did for him. Or do I mean what it did to us. On second thought, maybe you should listen to John

The Zombieslayer said...

Something I did got me on the Mandrake 7.1 CD. :)

dbackdad said...

John,
I think he actually works on the web-based Sage stuff. He's also a veteran of dot coms, Wavetop and Neoplanet. RIP. :-)

Anonymous said...

I concur with John... ACT! is horrible. I had to beat my manager with one of his own limbs everytime he would want to buy the latest upgrade to that POS databse.

And regarding John's code. He's such a good coder that none of you noticed that he wrote the code that sends him fanmail about said code from random email addresses...

Seriously, he's been a great help to me... the novice coder.