05 January 2006

Puppy Update

So we took Annie for her 4 week (actually it's 5 weeks because of the holidays) post-op x-rays and evaluation and the ortho-vet said she was right on track where she's supposed to be. Unless she has some sort of setback, we won't have to go back there again. Not that it's a bad place - if I lived up in the woods they'd be my vet, hands down. But it's just so far for us.

So we continue with her recovery instructions - walks of 20-30 minutes, figure 8's, practicing sitting and standing correctly (post surgery she won't bend her knees underneath her when she sits - she kinda sticks them out front). Gradually we work our way up to stair climbing and tug-o-war.

SecretRudy found this video clip of Letterman smacking-down Bill O'Lielly - quite good.

I love how Cheney and Bush are trying to make this wire-tapping thing look all patriotic. Did you hear Cheney? [paraphrasing what I heard on radio] "If we'd had wiretaps on Al Qaeda before 9-11, we might have prevented the attacks"...

Uh huh. Just like if the CIA, FBI, NSA and our fucking bumbler of a President would have done their jobs we might have prevented it too... Maybe if Bush read his Executive briefing memo... Maybe if the FBI and CIA shared information about suspicious aviation students... Maybe if they'd listened to Richard Clarke... Those were all LEGAL ways to try and prevent the attacks.

Why doesn't Bush just wipe his ass with the constitution and get it over with? Honestly.

6 comments:

Jasenlee said...

I was thinking about Annie this weekend and wondering how she was so I'm glad to hear she is still doing good.

Laura said...

Well she loves you too, you better believe it...

btw, that's a FANTASTIC picture. Almost as good as the Turkey Leg one.

CyberKitten said...

Fingers crossed for Annie's full & speedy recovery....

Laura said: Why doesn't Bush just wipe his ass with the constitution and get it over with? Honestly.

Funny. I thought he already had....

tshsmom said...

Great news about Annie!
Same-shit-different-day with Bush.

Jasenlee said...

Thanks for the picture compliment. I felt like I needed to put a new one up and this was snapped after I was coming out of my woodshop so I was feeling very handy and man like.

The Zombieslayer said...

Well, if we were allowed to carry weapons on a plane like we should be, 9-11 would have never happened.

Good to see Annie's okay, or at least on track to being okay. I'll check out that videoclip...