The Queen of the Universe and I went to visit our friends who just had a baby boy, and I agree, he looks like a little buddha. Well, a white buddha, but we are all one in the nothingness so he could be green as far as Siddartha would care. I do have to wonder where baby fat comes from, seeing how both his parents are sticks. We had a nice visit. Their daughter is about two now and she's handled the transition very well. She's talking more, though I must admit I have a hard time determining if she's babbling in English or Ukranian, since they're teaching her both.
Today at work will be roaring good fun. They'll be rehearsing for the Air & Water show this afternoon. Apparently it's the largest of its kind in the nation. Since I hate people, however, I shant be marching to North Avenue Beach with 1,000,000 of my closest friends. I may go to a private party in a highrise overlooking the beach though. That would be something I can handle. There's nothing stranger than looking out your window to see fighter jets fly by. My cynical side says this would be the weekend to fly a plane into a building - no one would notice an unauthorized plan flying over downtown, and those fighter jets - totally unarmed. The other best time, of course, being during the monthy air-raid/tornado siren test. I always feel sorry for the poor tourists or new arrivals who probably think they're under attack - it's quite an intimidating sound. I just look up and say "oh, first tuesday, 10am, yep".
18 August 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Fighter jets are incredibly loud. I used to see them anually from the roof of my San Francisco apartment. They came so close that you could see the pilots through the cockpit shield. Truly awesome. Once year they flew a stealth bomber.
I'm with you on the crowds. I work with the public all day; I choose not to be in a crowd for fun.
Air shows can be kinda fun. We live about 6 miles from Luke Air Force Base out here so we occassionally get flyby's. Here's some pics from the last show we went to:
Luke Days
Kinda ironic that a pacifist like me likes air shows. But I went to college for aerospace engineering and I hope to get my pilot's license some day.
Post a Comment