That was just going through my head since we watched Repo Man last night. It's such a fun movie, with a great soundtrack.
So the Drug Policy Alliance is having it's annual meeting this year in November in Long Beach, CA. My friend Kathie is presenting her research on Harm Reduction, Heroin & Methodone and maybe some of her stuff on Methamphetamines. She wants me to go, but I've got our statewide professional conference to go to the week prior in Peoria, Ill (ooh fun).
The thought of California in November is nice, but do I really want to travel that much in 2 weeks? Especially since I'm taking a class this Fall and mid-November is when all our Federal reports are due for the Dept of Education. So, it probably won't happen. I've been there before anyway. Our national professional conference was in Long Beach 3 or 4 years ago, and it was fun. Our friend Michael found a place called Hamburger Mary's, a fun little gay bar. He reveled in getting us free drinks by flirting with the bartenders. Then again, when we go to conferences it's usually: breakfast, sessions, lunch, sessions, bar, dinner, bar, bed... so it's fun no matter where it's held, provided it's not Utah. Next year is in New Orleans - talk about a FUN time. I'm taking John with me to that one. He's never been there. I was there when I was about 13- far too young to enjoy it. Hopefully it doesn't get wiped off the map by the ever increasing number of hurricanes.
08 August 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
...unless you were one of his many mistresses.
Let me know if you decide to come out. As for November although it's sure to be warmer than Chicago, there's a great chance it'll be raining, so traveler beware...
Post a Comment