28 October 2005

G. Gordon Libby?

So hopefully they indict Libby and Rove for the CIA leak. Unlike the conservative spin machine, I do think this is an important matter. Technically speaking, revealing the identity of a covert CIA agent during a time of war is treason, which is still punishable by death. I doubt they'll ride the Rosenberg express though. Even if Bush was the grim reaper of state executives during his tenure in the Lone Star state, he'll change his tune when it comes sentencing time for good ol' Turd Blossom. After all, Rove is an upper-class, rich, white male over the age of 18, and he's not retarded. I don't think Bush could bring himself to execute someone like that.

Can we say presidential pardon?

4 comments:

Donna said...

I don't think Bush will ever have to make that decision - the word "treason" isn't even being mentioned now - they'd have to prove that Turdie and Scooter knew Plame was undercover. If they both get indicted for perjury though, and the press makes a big enough deal of it, it could hopefully make some more dents in his already crashing and burning approval ratings.

All I know is Poppy's got to be livid.

Shawn said...

What amazes me is that Americans, the regular Joes on the street, allow themselves to be distracted by shiny spinning objects...all the time.

Well, maybe a law was broken, but it wasn't that big a deal and things like this happen all the time in Washington...what the eff is that?

I'm sort of tired of politicos using fine points to skirt issues.

In the Plame case, it's illegal to 'out' an agent of the CIA. That was done. If a law was broken, it logically follows that someone broke it.

Personally, I think it's a ridiculous law. But it's there, so follow it, or change it, but don't dance around it while telling me you stand for law and order.

At what point did we allow a bunch of pussies to take over the government. Give me break. If they're not men enough to take responsibility for their actions, they shouldn't be ruining...uh...running...a country.

tshsmom said...

The rich and privileged don't have to take responsibility for their actions. That's for us poor folks.

S.M. Elliott said...

Are we sure Rove isn't retarded? Maybe mildly, at least?