17 October 2005

Score

A friend of mine who has been making aromatheraphy bath & skincare products for about 8 years or so has become a consultant for Arbonne International. I went to her presentation yesterday and I'm not usually one to get all excited about stuff like this. I mean, I get most of my skincare stuff at Target and the fanciest thing I use is Neutrogena makeup. This stuff really sounded cool though. So I ordered a couple of things from her and plan to check out the holiday catalog. I'll probably get a few more things later on - there were some other things I wanted to try.

Then, in addition to that score, I found out that the woman who was hosting the party's husband is a licensed massage therapist. So I found my new massusse (sp?) and he's right down the street! I am in some desperate need of body work, lemme tell you. He about had a heart attack when he felt how stiff my neck & shoulders were. I've gotten to the point where I can't crack my neck anymore because it doesn't bend far enough to each side to get a crack out of it. After his "free sample" it went crack-crack on either side... it felt SO nice....

9 comments:

Sadie Lou said...

My parents are big fans of the bi-weekly massage. They find the benefits well worth the cost. Congrats on your new finds.

greatwhitebear said...

actually, the fact that he's a guy would make him a masseur!

fo sox!

greatwhitebear said...

er.... that's GO SOX!

Anonymous said...

is that Phaedra?

Laura said...

it is Phaedra.

Yes, I think massage is a great investment.

Sox Schmox. I honestly don't care really. I am pissed off that they keep prempting my Family Guy and The Simpsons.

Donna said...

no, greatwhitebear, fo sox is just fine with me.

Laura said...

Suck the Fox, isn't that the Northside mantra?

The Zombieslayer said...

Just about the only good thing about my last job is they had one benefit where a massage was $10. Still, not enough to keep working there.

Hope this guy works out for you.

GWB - Only you would know that. I've been calling both my male and female massagers (masseuse). Whoops.

greatwhitebear said...

ZS- Thats why my kids derisively call me Mr. Encyclopedia. Or when I am rally annoying, Cliff (as in Claven)