23 October 2005

Tag...

All right, I was tagged by the Jewish Athiest, so here we go...

Quirky habits & strange hangups? How do I separate the one's worthy of mentioning in public, there's just so many. I'll give it a whirl, but I have no idea how really "strange" many of these are.

  1. I fidgit constantly - I can't sit still - especially in meetings. I have to brush my hair away from my face, pick at my nails (or stumps of nails - see #2), touch my face, fold my arms, shift my legs around.
  2. I bite my nails, really, really bad. I've seen worse nailbiters, but not many. If there's a tiny bit of new white growth - it's gone within 5 minutes of me noticing. I also pick at my cuticles and hangnails. Squeezing fresh lemon juice is a painful task for me.
  3. I don't like mayonaise, but I like coleslaw. In fact, I don't like many kinds of "goo" - ketchup, mustard, bbq sauce, relish, creamy salad dressings. But I do like tomato sauce and hotwings sauce. I still haven't figured out the coleslaw/mayo thing, except that I think I liked coleslaw before I figured out it was mayonaise - I still prefer the Vinegar coleslaws though. But the ketchup/bbq sauce thing I think I narrowed down to the combination of tomatoes and molasses and vinegar. I just find it gross.
  4. I cannot stand being too hot/humid - I start to get claustrophobic in the Chicago summers. I can stand heat, but that disgusting, sweaty, dirty, heavy feeling that comes with humidity just kills me.
  5. I hate shopping, especially for myself. My epiphany came when I discovered e-commerce. I can get what I need without dealing with crabby cashier's, hoardes of trixies wearing their Sunday best to the Watertower, and the painstaking process of actually finding what you want. Click, click - done.
  6. I'm very critical - of myself and of others (at least I'm equal opportunity). I think I get this from my mom - cuz you know everything can be done better.
  7. I'm perpetually early for everything, because I hate lateness. Perpetually late people really piss me off (sorry --R). ;) I guess it was just instilled in me to be on-time partially because that shows you value others' time as much as your own.
  8. I get easily distracted. This happens especially while I'm reading or trying to concentrate on something. The slightest noise or disturbance - especially voices - break my concentration. This is why I can't listen to talk radio. Music in the background I can tune out. I can't tune out voices. Just ask John how many times I yell at him when I'm on the phone with someone and he starts talking to me in the other ear. My attention switches totally from the phone to him and I miss what the person said.
  9. I hate shaving my legs. It's just such a pain. And yes, I know I don't have to - but I really don't want to go around looking like a Yeti - I have Mediteranean blood you know. I do it in Summer, and only in the Winter when I have to.
  10. When I get bored, I get sleepy. I can't sit around and do nothing - which is why if I won the lottery, I'd keep my job. If I were at home all day, I'd sleep all day. But not good sleep. The kind of sleep where when you wake up, you feel nauseous. The kind of sleep your body punishes you for because you're bein lazy and don't really need that sleep.
  11. I like having plans. Even if they're just tenative. Tell me about what time you think we're meeting for dinner, or about what time you'll stop by. I like being able to plan out my day.
I guess that's it, I dunno if these are really idiosycrasies or weird, but that's all I can think of, so that's all you're gettin...

I suppose I'm supposed to tag people, but I have no idea who's already done this... so I guess I'll tag the Queen of the Universe, Great White Bear, and Shawn... to my knowledge I haven't seen this on their blogs yet. Though I've been busy and haven't kept up the past few days.

GWB: Side note - if you're still comin to Chitown on the 30th, gimme an email...

7 comments:

R said...

I'll remind you darling, that the one time I was early for something, you were 15 minutes late. And Valya was even later. :)

You and I have a lot of the same idiosyncrasies, I'll have to do this one later. Nothing I like better than sitting around thinking about how weird I am.

Anonymous said...

Hey now...I REALLY hate being late. It's one of my pet peeves too.

I'm usually on time...this is just harder with kids. Something always seems to come up.

Loved the Halloween cookies, by the way. We'll have to try them.

This year we made and decorated sugar skulls for our Beloved Dead. Looking forward to celebrating Samhain/Halloween with Maya this year.

Blessings of the season.
Miss you guys.

XOXO
~V

Sadie Lou said...

Gosh, there are a lot of us in our little blog circle that are big on being early and despise lateness...
P.S. I bite my nails too-really bad.

Laura said...

Oh, I know R, and I kick myself every time I'm late for something... enter the "being too critical" problem...

Valya - you MUST take pictures. I miss having stuff to do on Halloween. Passing out candy to the masses is fun and all, but... We should get a city-north circle goin... ;)

Sadie: I've been doin it since I can remember... I can't remember ever having nails long or smooth enough to paint...

dbackdad said...

What was that you were saying again? My wife keeps talking to me about something ... and there's this great song coming on the radio right now. :-)
Couldn't agree with #8 more.

tshsmom said...

You're right, we do have a lot in common.
I shave my legs around once a month in the winter; in the summer it's every other day. YUCK!
If I sit down to watch TV, I fall asleep. I have to be accomplishing something when I sit; hence my love of knitting and crocheting.
I'm a compulsive planner too. Maybe it's because there's so many demands for my time...work, homeschooling, housework. Plus my guys are totally unorganized, so I have to leave them lists...*sigh*.

greatwhitebear said...

"I'm very critical - of myself and of others (at least I'm equal opportunity). I think I get this from my mom - cuz you know everything can be done better."

As Frued would say..."ze muzzah, eet's alvays zee muzzah"

I'll try to tackle this on my lunch hour... still trying to clear the decks for chicago!