I also saw this while passing by the row of newspaper machines on my way to work:
"Vaccine prevents cervical cancer...
An experimental vaccine against cervical cancer has moved a step closer toward becoming the first cancer vaccine of any kind on the market.
Scientists are reporting Friday that the vaccine was 100% effective in preventing cervical cancer and precancerous changes tied to two types of a common sexually transmitted virus."
I also read that (surprise) the Afghan elections were rife with fraud. If we can't keep our own elections honest, how the hell do we expect to do it in another country? On a positive note, I did see a headline on a newspaper another train rider was reading (didn't catch which paper) that a women's rights activist won a parlimentary seat. So that's something.
6 comments:
That headline is very wrong. Shows that some press folks know nothing about medicine.
The vaccine is for two of the primary causes of cervical cancer, not cervical cancer itself.
Of course it's good news, but a responsible journalist (now there's an oxymoron) should know better to check out what they're writing.
As for that gay Hobbit love, hmm....
And here I was thinking it was an even greater medical breakthrough. Typical lazy media.
Gay Hobbit love?
Technically because the leading cause of cervical cancer in women is the HPV virus, a vaccine for the virus will in effect be a vaccine for cervical cancer. But yes, it is misleading.
I'm printing the pages out for my girlfriend to see. I'm expecting to clean up the monitor later.
Hey Hey! DeLonde! How Goes it? I assume Heather F. sent you the site?
Goes well. Yes she did.
Post a Comment